Thursday, June 7, 2012

PAPAYA BLACK BEAN SALSA

This is a salsa that I make quite often because I love it so much!  You can substitute mango for the papaya which I actually like a little better.  Canned black beans make this sweet, hearty salsa a cinch to make.  A lot of times when I make a salsa, I just add ingredients until it looks good and colorful, adding more of this and a little less of that.  Use the recipe as a guide and do what you want with it! Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Meals in Minutes

1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 papaya or mango, diced
2 red peppers, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons salt, or to taste

Combine all of the ingredients and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.  Serve with tortilla chips.  YIELD:  8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment